Monday, April 27, 2009

When did I become so old?

Saturday, I watched as Kaylee's prom date picked her up, and helped Braden get ready and then watched as he left for his first prom date. Kaylee graduates from high school next month, Braden will be a junior and Jason will be at the junior high. Even my two babies are getting old. Alyssa will hit the 6th grade now, and Traven will be into the terrible twos. Well, he is there already, but that's a different story.

Time just flies by now. It terrifies me. If it continues to go by faster and faster the older I get, I'm just about done already! I guess the secret is to enjoy each day and make the most of your time. With my new job up in Salt Lake, I feel more isolated from my family, so I try to make the most of each evening and especially the weekends. I'm also happy about this occasional swing shift thing we have going on. Today for instance, I don't go into the office. I work remotely from 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm. I like the notion of that.

I ran a half marathon last Saturday, so physically I guess I'm doing ok. Of course, I've whined about the pain and soreness for a week now, so maybe not.

No comments: